Connect with Yale through live online events
The Yale Admissions Office will be hosting online virtual events throughout the fall of 2020. Preregistration for all events is required.
Please note: Yale does not track event registrations or contact with our admissions staff for the purposes of evaluating applications.
Virtual Information Sessions
Virtual information sessions are co-hosted by a Yale admissions officer and current Yale student. These 60-minute online presentations cover academic programs, residential life, affordability, and admissions. Participants will not share their video or audio in the session but will have the option to submit questions in advance.
Virtual Student Forums
Virtual student forums are informal, non-evaluative Q&A sessions with current Yale students and no admissions officers or parents. Participants will not share their video or audio in the session but may submit questions via typed Q&A. Current Yale students will answer live on screen.
Virtual STEM Student Forums
Virtual STEM student forums are informal, non-evaluative Q&A sessions with current Yale STEM majors. They are an opportunity to learn about research opportunities and the experience of being a STEM student within a liberal arts curriculum. Participants will not share their video or audio in the session but may submit questions via typed Q&A. Current Yale students will answer live on screen.
Virtual Sessions with Quest Scholars
Virtual Sessions with Quest Scholars are prospective students interested in applying to Yale through QuestBridge. The sessions feature an overview of Yale’s undergraduate programs and a panel conversation featuring current Yale Quest Scholars.
Virtual Events with Multiple Colleges
Yale is a member of several consortia that offer prospective students and families the option to learn about multiple colleges in one shared session. These 60-90 minutes sessions will showcase each school and cover the basics of selective college admissions and need-based financial aid.
Events for students in the Midwest:
Event for students in Appalachia:
Discovering U: Columbia, University of Chicago, University of Texas at Austin, University of Michigan, & Yale
- Thursday September 17 at 8:00 pm EDT
- Thursday, September 24 at 8:00 pm EDT - Special Session on Access and Financial Aid
- Thursday October 1 at 8:00 pm EDT
- Thursday October 8 at 8:00 pm EDT - Special Panel with Current Students
- Thursday October 15 at 8:00 pm EDT
- Thursday October 22 at 8:00 pm EDT - Special Session with Deans of Admission
- Thursday October 29 at 8:00 pm EDT
- Sunday, October 4 at 2:00 pm EDT for students in Appalachia
- Wednesday, October 7 at 7:00 pm EDT for students in Appalachia
- Sunday, October 11 at 2:00 pm CDT (1:00 pm MDT/12:00 pm PDT) for students in central and western states
- Wednesday, October 14 at 7:00 pm CDT (6:00 pm MDT/5:00 pm PDT) for students in central and western states