We’re here to guide you through the process of applying to Yale. You will find everything you need to know to apply right here.
Everything you need to start your application can be found using the links to the right, including detailed instructions and application components, deadlines, and frequently asked questions about applying.
Before you begin, here are a few things we would like you to know.
- Yale welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We are looking for the best and the brightest students who will take advantage of the one-of-a-kind opportunity available here.
- Yale evaluates applications without regard to a student’s citizenship or immigration status, and all students are eligible for Yale’s need-based financial aid. These policies include undocumented students living in the US, whether or not they hold DACA status.
- Future Yalies will come from public and private schools, from very small towns and great urban centers, and from every corner of the world.
- Some admitted students will be the first in their families to attend college. Many will need financial assistance to attend.
- All incoming Yalies will bring dazzling talents of every kind to this extraordinary community.
Yale is among a small group of the world’s greatest universities. Given that, we attract more students than we can accept each year. We simply don’t have enough room in our freshman class for all the students we would like to admit. Our difficult - yet fascinating and rewarding - job is to select that class. How do we do it?
An applicant’s academic strength is our first consideration. We review grades, standardized test scores, and evaluations by a counselor and two teachers to determine academic strength. The admissions committee then factors in student qualities such as motivation, curiosity, energy, leadership ability, and distinctive talents.
Ultimately, our goal is to build an extraordinary freshman class. If you want to be a part of it, we welcome your application. To get started, please follow the links to the right.