- Learning at Yale
- Living at Yale
- Student Pursuits
- Virtual Tour, Blogs & Video
Applying to Yale Through QuestBridge
Students who apply to Yale through the QuestBridge National College Match Program submit the same application materials and are eligible for the same extraordinary need-based financial aid as all Yale applicants. QuestBridge Finalists who rank Yale in the National College Match Program will have their QuestBridge application materials automatically forwarded to Yale. Those who wish to apply to Yale through the National College Match Program must submit additional required documents to have their application considered. QuestBridge Finalists will learn on December 2nd if they have matched with Yale or another partner college.
Unlike many other QuestBridge partner colleges, all admissions offers from Yale are nonbinding. If a student is admitted to Yale through the National College Match Program, he/she will have until May 1st to respond to Yale’s offer of admission and may still apply to other schools as a regular decision applicant.
Applicants who do not match with Yale – and who have not matched with a binding QuestBridge partner college – will automatically be moved into Yale’s regular decision application pool and will not need to submit any additional materials. Students may also choose to withdraw their application for consideration in Yale's regular decision process by writing to the admissions office. QuestBridge finalists who do not rank Yale through the National College Match Program may also choose to submit an application for Yale’s regular decision process following Yale’s application instructions.
Since the beginning of Yale's partnership with QuestBridge, the university has consistently admitted more than twice as many QuestBridge Finalists through the regular decision process than the Match. Yale extends the same need-based financial aid to all admitted students, regardless of when they are admitted.
QuestBridge Application Timeline
September 27, 2013 Students submit application materials to QuestBridge
October 22, 2013 QuestBridge Finalists are notified
November 4, 2013 Finalists who rank Yale submit the required application and financial aid documents
December 2, 2013 Match notifications
December 12, 2013 Non-matched applicants are moved into the regular decision applicant pool
December 31, 2013 Deadline for regular decision application materials
April 1, 2014 All Yale regular decision applicants notified
May 1, 2014 Response deadline for all admitted students
Note: The last date to take the ACT for consideration in the Match Program is September 21. The last date to take the SAT for consideration in the Match Program is October 5. To speed the process of sending scores, please include Yale’s ACT Code (No. 0618) or CEEB code (No. 3987) when you register for the tests.
Yale automatically receives the QuestBridge application materials of all QuestBridge Finalists who rank Yale through the National College Match Program. Applicants must also submit the following materials online or by mail to the Yale admissions office by November 4 for consideration in the Match Program or December 31 for the regular decision process. Click the links below for more information about each component of the Yale application.
- Common Application and Yale-Specific Questions and Writing Supplement
- Teacher Recommendations (2)
- Secondary School Report (including your official high school transcript and counselor recommendation)
- Official standardized test results including either:
- The ACT with Writing (*last date 9/21), or
- The SAT and two SAT Subject Tests (*last date 10/5)
- Mid-Year Report (due when first semester or trimester senior grades become available at your school)
Official score reports from your school counselor will also be accepted. Yale requires all score results from whichever type of standardized test you have chosen. For more information on Yale’s score reporting policy, please refer to Standardized Testing FAQs.
Required Financial Aid Documents
In addition to the application materials, QuestBridge applicants should submit the following financial aid documents to Yale by fax at 203.777.6114. Please clearly type or write your full name, your Yale Applicant ID Number (if you rank Yale, you will receive this via email after Finalists are announced), and "QuestBridge" on all pages:
- The QuestBridge Yale University Cover Sheet for Financial Documents.
- Your parents’ 2012 federal income tax return (signed, with all schedules, attachments, W-2s, and other earnings statements). Include personal and corporate/partnership tax returns, if applicable.
- The 2014-2015 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. You must submit this electronically. (Available Oct. 1)
- If your parents are divorced or legally separated, your non-custodial parent should also submit his/her tax return, W-2s, and a copy of the Noncustodial PROFILE, available when you complete the CSS/PROFILE.
- If your parents are self-employed, they should submit the CSS Business/Farm Supplement directly to Yale.