- Learning at Yale
- Living at Yale
- Student Pursuits
- Virtual Tour, Blogs & Video
Non-Degree & Alumni Auditing Programs
The Non-Degree Students Program
The Non-Degree Students Program offers you the opportunity to take Yale College courses for credit without matriculating as a Yale undergraduate. Most non-degree students have used this program to complete a bachelor’s degree at another university or to qualify for admission to graduate or professional schools. This is a very small program, enrolling 5 to 10 students each term. Students admitted to the Non-Degree Students Program are admitted to take a specific number of classes for either one or two terms. More
Yale Alumni Auditing Program
Are you a Yale graduate who would like to audit Yale classes purely for the sake of learning? The Yale Alumni Auditing Program might be right for you. The Yale Alumni Auditing Program enables Yale alumni and their spouses to audit Yale College classes, expand their intellectual interests, make new friends, and experience daily life at Yale College. More
Please note that, other than those admitted through the Yale Alumni Auditing Program, only the following people may audit courses at Yale College:
- Students enrolled full time in Yale College or in one of the graduate or professional schools of the University may audit courses without charge. The permission of the instructor is required.
- Members of the Yale faculty and emeritus faculty may audit courses without charge. The permission of the instructor is required.
- Spouses or partners of full-time Yale faculty members, or of emeritus faculty, or of students enrolled full time in the University may audit courses without charge. Permission is required of the instructor and of Dean William Whobrey.
- Employees of the University and their spouses or partners may audit courses without charge in accordance with applicable personnel policies. Permission is required of the instructor, of the employee's supervisor, and of Dean William Whobrey.
If you are not eligible to audit Yale classes, you may wish to view Open Yale Courses which are Yale College courses available to the public free of charge via the Internet. These are a series of videotaped lectures that are not offered for credit.