Instructions for QuestBridge Finalists who Ranked Yale
Congratulations on being named a QuestBridge Finalist. Because you ranked Yale, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions has automatically received the essays, letters of recommendation, extracurricular information, household information, and academic information you submitted when you applied to QuestBridge. You will not need to send any of that material to Yale again.Please do not submit an additional Common Application or Coalition Application to Yale. Your QuestBridge Application is now your Yale Application.
Yale Admissions Status Portal & Forms
After your QuestBridge application has been received, you will receive a separate email with instructions on activating your Yale Admissions Status Portal. Use the portal to check the status of required application materials, send application updates, or request changes to your contact information. After activating, please complete two short forms on the portal:
- Testing Choice Form - Complete this form to indicate if you wish to have ACT or SAT scores included with your application review. If you do not complete the form, your application will be reviewed without ACT or SAT scores. Applications reviewed without scores will not be disadvantaged. Complete this form as soon as possible after activating your portal.
- Yale QuestBridge Questionnaire - Complete this form to identify up to three Yale majors that interest you, reflect on your academic interests, and share what led you to apply to Yale. Complete the questionnaire by November 1.
Official High School Transcript: After activating your portal, you will see if an official high school transcript was included with your QuestBridge Application materials. If the checklist item "School Report (High School Transcript)" is listed as "Awaiting," please have your counselor or other school official mail, fax, or upload your transcript to the Yale admissions office.
Financial Aid Documents
Please submit the following financial aid documents as soon as possible:
- The 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete and submit this form electronically. Yale’s FAFSA code is 001426.
- The 2021-2022 CSS Profile Application. Complete and submit this form electronically. If your parents are not together, your non-custodial parent should submit the online Noncustodial Profile using the login ID and password you will receive after completing the Profile. If you have no contact with your noncustodial parent, you may request to waive the requirement of their financial information. Your request must include a statement from a third party who can verify your situation.
- Your parents’ 2019 federal income tax returns (signed, with all schedules, attachments, W-2s, and other earnings statements, plus corporate/partnership tax returns, if applicable.) Send using College Board’s IDOC Service, which you may access next week after submitting the CSS Profile.