Yale will waive the $80 application fee if it would constitute a significant financial burden for the student’s family. Yale’s policies, and the steps for requesting a fee waiver, are the same for all applicants, including international students.
Please do not contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to request a fee waiver; all fee waivers are granted through the online application platform via the steps outlined below.
To have the application fee waived, follow these instructions when completing an application online:
- Reply “yes” when asked “Do you meet one or more of the Common App fee waiver eligibility criteria?” in the “Profile” section of the application and provide a digital signature.
- For first-year applicants, a student’s counselor will be asked to verify eligibility.
- Submit the application by the appropriate deadline, even if your fee waiver has not yet been approved.
- Reply “yes” to one or more of the fee waiver eligibility questions when completing the “Personal” section of the Coalition Application.
- You will confirm your fee waiver request while reviewing Part 1 of your Coalition Application.
- You will not be prompted to pay Yale’s application fee when completing Part 2, the Yale Coalition Supplement.
The entire QuestBridge application process is free. Students applying to Yale as QuestBridge National College Match Finalists may share their QuestBridge application with no fee. Students who are not named QuestBridge finalists may apply using the Common Application or Coalition Application and should follow the above instructions for requesting a fee waiver.
Yale does not require applicants or counselors to submit any supporting documentation to verify their fee waiver request.